On 03/03/2011 02:22, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:

While working on this maybe it would be interesting to now use makefs
instead of mkisofs, making installer generation 100% self hosting.

makefs has recently been updating to a recent version from netbsd and
now support iso9660, I already managed to create bootable livecd with
it.

That would be very nice. There is a weird situation now where you can't do ISO creation within 'make release' without also building ports, which is a lot of overhead. I "solved" this problem by scripting the ISO creation as a separate step, but it felt kludgy to me.

Another nice improvement in this space would be to be able to select the specific ISO(s) that you want to create.

Doug

                        -- OK Go