This usually has to do with a hung SCSI command. That this is a notebook indicates to me that it's possibly a USB device. A boot -v with 8.2RELEASE and then a boot -v with this snapshot might tell us what's up.
Hi,

I'm getting the following panic trying to boot March 5 snapshot on
HP Pavilion DV8 notebook (8.2-RELEASE GENERIC kernel seems to boot on
the same hardware just fine):

run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 120 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 180 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 240 seconds for xpt_config
run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config
panic: run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks: waited too long
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[ thread pid 0 tid 100000 ]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+03xb: movq    $0,0x800ab2(%rip)
db>  bt
Tracing pid 0 tid 100000 td 0xffffffff80ee83e30
kdb_enter() at kdb_enter+0x3b
panic() at panic+0x180
boot_run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks() at
boot_run_interrupt_driven_config_hooks+0xb3
mi_startup() at mi_startup+0x77
btext() at btext+0x2c

Any hints or additional information I should provide to troubleshoot
this?

TIA,
Yuri