On 4/4/11 6:04 PM, Justin Hibbits wrote:
On Apr 4, 2011, at 6:57 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:
is there anyone here with enough gdb/kgdb source experience to know what we would need to put on the stack at fork_exit() to make it stop when it
gets there?

not only is it annoying but it slows down debugging because kgdb and the ddd front end ask for stacks a LOT. sometimes it actually just hangs as the stack
goes into a loop and never ends.

I had a quick look but didn't spot how gdb decides it has reached the end of a stack.

Julian

From my experience, it checks for a NULL stack chain pointer. Once that reaches NULL, it's the end of the stack.

- Justin

I'll try adding NULL when we build the intial stack up.
:-)