I'll second this email...

My computer had been stable all winter (with setiathome runnning full
time) but suddenly come the Australian summer it started freezing.

Not panicing, just totally freezing under load.

I could reproduce it by trying to build the whole of KDE and each time
it was a freeze, never a panic.

Windows 98 was freezing too but I didn't think that was abormal ;/

It turned out to be heat related as the machine is now stable after I
installed a case fan (before I only had the power supply fan and CPU
fan).

I see that the internal case temperature still gets up to about 50 or 51
degrees celcius whereas it was getting to 52 degrees before.

Note that I AM overclocking a Celeron 300a to 450 MHz by running with
a 100 MHz FSB instead of 66 MHz so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at
the need for better cooling.

As I'd prefer better CPU cooling to the case fan on the grounds of noise,
can people recommend good CPU fans (over the standard Intel retail version
Celeron 300a fan) ?  How about these Peltier (sp ?) cooling devices I have
heard about ?