On 15/04/11 23:58, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
Mattia Rossi<mro...@swin.edu.au>  wrote:
I have accept_rtadv enabled if it's not a router. See my post.

I think I have a similar setup (only using sixxs-aiccu). Since
my machine is a gateway to the outside IPv6 world (via www.sixxs.net)
I am not accepting router adverisements there, but I'm running
rtadvd and sending them to other hosts on the LAN:

        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>

Having ACCEPT_RTADV doesn't change anything. I can disable it by hand, so my options are 21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL> as well and it doesn't work.

ifconfig with tunnel up is:

ifconfig
bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>  metric 0 mtu 1500

options=8009b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM,LINKSTATE>
          ether 00:0d:9d:51:d4:7e
          inet 136.186.229.112 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
          inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%bge0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
          inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::xxxx prefixlen 64 duplicated
                                                         **********
                                                      what's up here?
          nd6 options=23<PERFORMNUD,ACCEPT_RTADV,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
          media: Ethernet autoselect (1000baseT<full-duplex>)
          status: active

Why is this address "duplicated"? If this machine *is* the gateway
to the outside IPv6 world, should *not* it be accepting rtadv
and have a global IPv6 address configured statically

There's no duplicate, maybe obfuscating the IPv6 address was not so smart.. There's a link local address (scopeid 0x5) starting with fe80 installed by auto_linklocal, and the proper address set by the tunnel

tun0: flags=8051<UP,POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  metric 0 mtu 1280
          options=80000<LINKSTATE>
          inet6 fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%tun0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x9
          inet6 xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::xxxx -->  xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::xxxx prefixlen 128
          nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
                                      **********
                                      Does "ifconfig tun0 inet6 -ifdisabled"
help?

I don't know why gateway6 (I don't use this software) leaves it as "IFDISABLED"

Haven't realized there was an ifdisabled set. But it doesn't change anything unsetting it. Still no IPv6

This is /etc/rc.conf from my tunnel gateway machine (two tunnels, tun0 and
tun1) - it runs a few-month-old -CURRENT:

ipv6_gateway_enable="YES"
rtadvd_enable="YES"
# Internal WLAN
rtadvd_interfaces="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 aaaaa:bbbb:cccc::1/64"
# Tunnel via tun0 is configured automatically by aiccu
# and has NO /etc/rc.conf entry at all
# Tunnel via tun1 is configured statically (it serves only some networks)
ifconfig_tun1_ipv6="inet6 aaaaa:bbbb:cccc:8000::1"

//Marcin