On Apr 17, 2011, at 12:33 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> Yeah it's too outdated to be of any use.
>
> IMHO, you can axe libf2c too...

Honest question here, is there a newer version of libf2c that lives in ports
and is adopted by people who use fortran?  The one that I find in the base
system seems to be a similar match to the one in ports/devel/f2c.  Is the one
in the base system a pain to maintain or otherwise holding back other work, or
has it been made obsolete by something in ports?  Is removing it from the base
system anything more than just churn?

With libobjc, the one in ports looks to indeed be a lot newer, and I'll take it
on faith that the gnustep ports automatically installs it, overriding the base
copy and making it essentially obsolete.

Scott