If memory serves me right, Yoshinobu Inoue wrote:

> If you did update and make world recently, please check
> /usr/share/examples/IPv6/USAGE. There will be more detailed info.
> A handbook chapter version is now under preparation.

That's good to hear.  I was thinking about this a little bit, but I'm
glad someone (presumably more qualified than me) is doing this.

> Wmmm, should rtadvd always be invoked when 'ipv6_gateway_enable="YES" ?

Hmmm...two things come to mind.  1) What happens if there are two
routers running rtadvd on a single subnet?  2) Are there environments in
which a netadmin might not want to use router advertisements?

I have this fuzzy feeling that always invoking rtadvd on routers might
not be a good idea, but that perhaps making it the default might be good
(right now, rtadvd is turned off by default).

Bruce.

PGP signature