Quoting Dimitry Andric <d...@freebsd.org> (from Tue, 19 Apr 2011 19:51:48 +0200):

On 2011-04-19 13:21, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
You probably also want to remove the code that uses  __INTEL_COMPILER
in source tree if you want to be really thorough.

Ok, new patch attached.  Some of the contributed sources also contain
instances of __INTEL_COMPILER, but these are all from upstream, so I
left them in.

Is it really necessary to remove them from cdefs.h? If someone takes
parts of our source and wants to compile them on linux or windows with
icc, the icc parts in cdefs.h are a valuable part to have.

Isn't that the case for the other headers too?  Except the in_cksum.[ch]
files, where the 'fix' for ICC is apparently not needed at all anymore.

The stdbool header is somewhat tied to our system I would say.

The math one is AFAIK about building the math lib itself. Just from reading the diff I would assume this could manifest itself by compile errors (duplicate definition). I do not know how valuable it is to build this somewhere else.

IMO they can stay in or they can be removed. Both should be easy to debug/redo in case of problems.

The cdefs header is differntly in this regard, only for some parts you will get easy to debug error cases, other cases are silent (you don't know where it happens) corruption or bad performance.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Coming together is a beginning;