On 06/18/11 17:35, Nathan Whitehorn wrote:
On 06/18/11 05:15, Hartmann, O. wrote:
Try to build a cdrom from most recent CURRENT/amd64 sources.

Issuing the follwing command fails the build process looping recursively and indefinitely within the source folder /usr/src/release:

make release cdrom CHROOTDIR=/unused/release/9.0/ SVNROOT/usr/src BUILDNAME=9.0-CURRENT RELEASETAG=RELENG_9 NOPORTS=YES NODOC=YES

The chrooted folder is empty and as the doc says, it should be the location where the release should be build. Since I do not use CVS anymore, but SVN, I use SVNROOT instead of CVSROOT to point to the location of the sources.

This is not how release building works anymore. See release(7). If you want to do something analagous to the old-style make release, with SVN checkouts and a chroot, which you seem to wan to do, you need to use generate-release.sh. You can also use make release to build a system out of the current source directory by simply doing make release NOPORTS=yes NODOC=yes.

The reason it is hanging is that one of the sub-targets invoked by make cdrom requires that make obj be run first. make release protects against this, but manually invoking sub-targets does not.
-Nathan

Thanks a lot.
I'm new to this and I remember the old style, but the new one seems to be more sophisticated and 'clean'.

Oliver