On 06/29/2011 06:41, Marius Strobl wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 02:33:06PM +0400, KOT MATPOCKuH wrote:
2011/6/29 KOT MATPOCKuH<matpoc...@gmail.com>:
I'm got a problem with named on FreeBSD-CURRENT/sparc64.
Up to 5 times a day it crashes with these messages:
27-Jun-2011 03:42:14.384 general:
/usr/src/lib/bind/dns/../../../contrib/bind9/lib/dns/rbtdb.c:1614:
REQUIRE(prev>  0) failed
27-Jun-2011 03:42:14.385 general: exiting (due to assertion failure)

I found a some similar problems on alpha and IA64, which was related
to problems with isc_atomic_xadd() function in include/isc/atomic.h.
But I don't understand that there may be incorrect for sparc64 and
this function was not changed for a minimum 4 years...
Uhm, we once fixed a problem in the MD atomic implementation which
still seems to present in the ISC copy. Could you please test whether
the following patch makes a difference?
http://people.freebsd.org/~marius/sparc64_isc_atomic.h.diff

I ran named with your patch and and watching him.
Omg.
Or I incorrectly rebuilt named, or the problem is not solved.
I got a crash after about 2 hours after named restarted:
29-Jun-2011 13:51:28.855 general:
/usr/src/lib/bind/dns/../../../contrib/bind9/lib/dns/rbtdb.c:1614:
REQUIRE(prev>  0) failed
29-Jun-2011 13:51:28.856 general: exiting (due to assertion failure)

The remainder of the isc atomic.h looks fine though, so this likely
is a general bug in BIND, especially if it didn't happen before
BIND 9.6.-ESV-R4-P1. Doug should be able to help you.
Doug, could you please nevertheless take care of getting the above
patch into BIND? It's a merge of r148453.

Hmm, I thought I had already pushed that rock up the appropriate hill, but maybe not. I've been following this thread, but it's incredibly unlikely that I'll be able to do anything useful with it until Friday.

hth,

Doug

                        -- OK Go