Hi Daniel Gerzo!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:46:49 +0200; Daniel Gerzo <dan...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Do not hesitate and write us a few lines; a short  description about
> what you are working on, what your plans and goals are, or any other
> information that you consider interested is always welcome. This way
> we can inform our community about your great work!
> Check out the reports from the past to get some inspiration of what
> your submission should look like.
[...]
> Note that the submissions are accepted from anyone involved within the
> FreeBSD community, you do not have to be a FreeBSD committer. Anything
> related to FreeBSD can be covered.

> Please email us the filled-in XML template which can be found at
> http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-sample.xml to
> mont...@freebsd.org, or alternatively use our web based form located at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/monthly.cgi.

A note for the future: you will tend to receive more submissions if you
will make life a lot easier for submitter. The most natural way of using
the aforementioned Web form - as, surprise, a Web form (BTW, the field to
type in is too small and thus uncomfortable). That is, result of clicking
"Submit" button must be immediately sending info to central base, requiring
no further work from submitter to cut-n-paste the thing to e-mail. This
is just frightening to everyone who is not a FreeBSD committer, with regard
to needing to send this info to another e-mail which it suggests! (I was
told that in IRC, and fro where has the Joe Random Contributor to know this?)

We will have more docs when a contributor is not forced to efforts which are
unneeded. Having to do such things which could be easily done on server-side
looks just too unpolite for those who came in - and some of them will turn
away from sending.

P.S. This is general principle, not only for docs - forcing user to do
something which could be already done by maintainer turns away from the
system many of them.

--
WBR, Vadim Goncharov. ICQ#166852181       mailto:vadim_nucli...@mail.ru
[Moderator of RU.ANTI-ECOLOGY][FreeBSD][http://antigreen.org][LJ:/nuclight]