> This has been going on for awhile, and I've looked everywhere for a
> solution.  When I boot single user, the / filesystem gets mounted on
> wd0s4a even though /dev does not even have such an entry nor does
> /etc/fstab, since these have all been updated.
> This is not really such a problem until I try to exit from single user
> mode.  Then, it tries to remount / on ad0s4a and can't find it.

Since there's no extra mounting activity that goes on on single-user mode
vs. multi-user mode, I'm suspicious that you've probably gone and done
something else as well that we're not hearing about.

Regardless, this is typically syptomatic of either a very old
/boot/loader, non-use of the loader eg. through a /boot.config file, or
an error in the entry for / in /etc/fstab.

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]