Ted Sikora wrote:

> My problem is a little different. XFree86-4.0 loads
> fine looks great but the mouse does not work. There
> are no errors. I tried PS/2 , serial, etc same with
> them all. The pointer appears then moves to the upper
> right and dissappers. I tried moving it...Mouse1, etc.
> but nothing Any ideas?
>
> Note:XF86Config works well but
> XFree86 -configure gives a bad config

Got it working. The new config takes a bit getting used to.
The default xf86config generated script puts all devices at
1 as in "Mouse 1". When I changed the mouse to "0 "and set it
at auto it worked. All others I left at "1". XFree86 -configure sets all
at "0" but leaves a bit of info out rendering it useless without
editing. It leaves the screen modes out.

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group