Hello, Stephane.
You wrote 5 октября 2011 г., 10:25:51:

> On 10/05/2011 03:19 PM, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> A bit unrelated, but are there plans to integrate hardware RAID
> (mps/mfi/mpt/amr) failure notification in the same way as this would be
> done for GEOM ? As in, "one framework and way to manage both hard and
> soft RAIDs".
  I don't have such plans, as I think, only drivers authors could
identify proper places to add event sending. Drivers are much more
complicated, that RAID classes (I was unable to find proper places for
geom_vinum, for example, and hardware drivers doesn't look simpler,
that that).

 But from userland's point of view, there is nothing special about
hardware RAIDs -- geom-events(8) needs two commands to be configured:
to remove failed drive from array and to add new one, that's all.

 Of course, "GEOM" system name in events will looks like odd for
hardware controllers. But it could be renamed to something more
generic. And hardware controllers has same bits of information as
software ones -- type of controller, name of failed drive, name of
affected volume and resulting state, everything is the same.

 So, if here is interest form hardware RAID driver's authors, it could
be integrated, of course.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <l...@freebsd.org>