On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:03 AM, krad wrote:

> Have you dont the simple thing and checked to see if you have any weird
> whitespace in the dir names. Try using bash tab completion for the dir name.
> Also drop all non bash completion rules as these might be messing things up.
>
> I have seen odd characters in dirs cause much confusion in the past.

I don't believe that is the problem in this case.  An "ls" will list the file
but "ls -l" reports "no such file or directory:"

tape# ls
05DLAAdmin      07DLAAdmin
tape# ls -l
ls: 05DLAAdmin: No such file or directory
total 3
drwxrws---  4 500  501  4 Oct  3 11:53 07DLAAdmin
tape#

Plus, the "rm -rf" I tried (that failed) ought not to fall foul of such weird
whitespace problems.

Cheers,

Paul.