On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Thomas Veldhouse wrote:

> Are there any plans to support the buggy CMD640 interface in the future
> now that 4.0-RELEASE has come and gone?  I have a box that is running 3.4
> happily, and it has this interface.  I really would like the chance to use
> some of the 4.0 features, but I can not while support for this interface
> lacks.

  The old wd driver is still present in 4.0, it just isn't the default.
You can build a custom kernel with it rather than the new ata drivers and
you are able to get all of the other benefits of 4.0 despite your buggy
CMD640 controller. But you'll have to hurry, some are looking to put wd
on the chopping block ;)

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Richmond, VA
Analyst / E-business Development, Bell Industries  http://www.bellind.com/