On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> Strange, I always thought the -current list is for general issues
> related to -current branch  ...

We really should have a new mailing list since we have an additional branch.
I'll again voice the opinion that the naming of the lists is sub-optimal.

IMHO, we should have FreeBSD3, FreeBSD4, FreeBSD5, etc. rather than stable
or current (which one?)

The easiest way I see to make the transition is call the the head branch -DEVEL
and leave -CURRENT for 4.x (for a while)

The mailing lists can be supported by mail aliases until people learn to use
new names.