On Sat, 26 Nov 2011, V. T. Mueller, Continum wrote:

Hello,

There were rumours that OFED infiniband support made its way into 9.0 .
A vanilla 9.0-RC2 install, however does not indicate detection of IB hardware.
It's in the todo-list, but svn hasn't been touched since spring.

Does anyone know when / in which release IB support will be available?
Or does it require a custom kernel build?

An update to the wiki page here:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/InfiniBand

would be a nice move, since I guess there are a couple of people out there who are interested in combining IB and ZFS.

I believe the OFED support is not enabled in the default installation. Per the merge annoucement here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-March/023554.html
"OFED will not be built by default and WITH_OFED must be defined in /etc/make.conf to enable it."

-Ben Kaduk