On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 08:01:37PM +0100, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> and last: upgrade flex to the latest upstream version (it will need the m4
> upgrade) while here I'll move back flex to contrib/
> patches can be found there:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/flex-update.diff

Hi Baptiste,
I cannot tell from this what you are really doing.

It would likely be best to keep the old history, so that would involve
a 'svn move usr.bin/lex contrib/flex'.

Additionally if flex is now considered to be 3rd-party code (signified by
living in contrib/) it should be imported we into '$REPO/base/vendor'.

These actions would give a different diff than that above.

Do you have a diff that shows what the real changes to FreeBSD are?

> I also plan to upgrade m4 syncing code from openbsd, taking code from netbsd
> (improve gnu m4 compatibility).
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/update_m4_from_openbsd_and_netbsd.diff

We don't seen to have '$REPO/base/vendor/OpenBSD/m4' as we likely should.
How different is our usr.bin/m4 from OpenBSD's?

> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/upgrade-gperf-to-3.0.3.diff

I assume an import into '$REPO/base/vendor/gperf/' will happen first?
['$REPO/base/vendor/gperf/' needs to be "flattend out" first]

thanks,
--
-- David  (obr...@freebsd.org)