On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 10:49:43PM +1030, Matthew Sean Thyer wrote:
> Please leave the wd driver for those who cannot use the ATA driver.
> At least until the ATA driver gets support for more older disks.
> I haven't tried for a couple of months but the ATA driver didn't work

Such a report is _useless_ and can only create FUD.

The ATA driver has changed quite a lot.  How about *TRYING* the latest
ATA driver before even emailing this list with concerns.  You may
surprisingly find that ATA works just great for you know, and you've done
damage rather than help with this email.

--
-- David    ([EMAIL PROTECTED])