Well, the post is OT, but I need some vent.

On 2011-12-19 18:34, dan...@digsys.bg wrote:
For example, few checkboxes with common sysctl tuning would be perfect,
>  even if they would be marked as "Experimental", or not recommended.
By following this, we push FreeBSD into the Linux style of doing things:
someone else decides what is good for you, without having a clue of your
circumstances.
It's nice to see sb. with similar thoughts. I too find the freedom to
administer your system the way you see fit to be very important. I was very
saddened when I discovered that in some ways FreeBSD also forces specific
behaviour and in some others builds barriers to prevent people from doing
things the authors considered stupid. I don't view it as Linux way vs. FreeBSD
way ( though it may be because I don't know either too well ). Rather, I see it
as the MacOS way.
Education is much better than building barriers and it's never true that a
developer can predict all the uses of their code. And different uses call for
different configurations, artificially limiting it is a time invested to reduce
code's value.

--
Twoje radio