<<On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 07:56:33 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bruce A. Mah) said:

> Here's what's supported:

> fpa(4), fea(4) - Device Drivers for DEC FDDI Controllers

> fpa is a PCI card, fea is EISA.

Note that finding any FDDI hardware these days is getting to be quite
expensive.  The manufacturers of FDDI silicon announced late last year
that they were no longer accepting new orders for the chips, so once
the current inventory is used up, there will be no more FDDI products
available on the original-sale market (i.e., new).

There appear to be a couple of DEFEA's available for sale on eBay, and
one lot of two DEFPA's.  The original poster is probably better off
getting a used FDDI-Fast Ethernet bridge, and running his router
Ethernet-only.  ObCurrent: I'd be more willing to trust a good,
maintained Fast Ethernet driver, like dc(4) or fxp(4), than a rusty
FDDI driver.

-GAWollman

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | O Siem / The fires of freedom