.. this is why someone needs to put together an automated testing
framework to build, run, test and report on this.

Then, the warehouse-sized space and cooling needed for a few hundred
machines, all doing automated regression testing.

That's how "a project" fixes this. :-) The alternative is people keep
up to date on -HEAD, every two or so weeks, and report issues. But we
know how often that happens..

Adrian