Quoting Scott Long <sco...@samsco.org> (from Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:42:39 -0700):

On Feb 22, 2012, at 1:22 AM, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

Quoting Scott Long <sco...@samsco.org> (from Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:45:04 -0700):

On Feb 21, 2012, at 7:56 AM, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

Hi,

is there a specific reason that the following NICs are not (or shall not be) in GENERIC (at least on i386)?
- if_cas: is compiled as a module, Sun hardware, non-x86 only?
- if_gem: is compiled as a module, Apple/Sun, non-x86 only?
- if_hme: is compiled as a module, Sun hardware, non-x86 only?

If these aren't for i386 hardware, then why would they need to be in the i386 GENERIC profile?

I didn't told they aren't for i386 (Sun and Apple produce(d) x86 hardware). If they would have been non-x86 drivers (I assume you've seen the answer from Marius), the bug would have been that they are build as modules on x86.

Let it go.

Can you please rephrase this for a non-native english speaker please? I don't understand what is the subject of your message. Do you ask to not include those 3 into GENERIC, or do you ask to forget you asked initially?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Every time I look at you I am more convinced of Darwin's theory.