>    We have a system with a new AMI card in it controlling a pair
> of shelves from Dell (fbsd dated: 4.0-20000313-SNAP).
>
>    The relevant dmesg output is below: (complete dmesg at end)
>
> amr0: <AMI MegaRAID> mem 0xf6c00000-0xf6ffffff irq 14 at device 10.1 on pci2
> amr0: firmware 1.01 bios 1p00  128MB memory
> amrd0: <MegaRAID logical drive> on amr0
> amrd0: 172780MB (353853440 sectors) RAID 5 (optimal)
>
>    The adapter does not lockup while testing with bonnie and such.

Try running 20 or so bonnie processes in parallel; I can usually get it
to lock up with this configuration.  I'm wondering which controller
you've got there though - I don't recognise the BIOS/firmware versions.

> However, we have a 50Gig CVS repository sitting on the raid
> volume. When we do a 'cvs co' of -HEAD, it causes it to lockup.
> The following messages are repeating continuously:
>
> Mar 19 16:02:59 cvs /kernel: amr0: controller wedged (not taking commands)

I'm not sure why this happens; the controller isn't coming ready even
though we haven't hit any sort of limit that we're aware of.  I've been
considering some workarounds involving deferring the command until the
controller gives us back an interrupt, but I'm still surprised that we
get to this point at all.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to spend any time on this at the moment; if
someone wants to do a little experimenting I'd be very happy to talk them
through what I think should be done (will require some programming
ability).

\\ Tell him he should learn how to fish himself,  \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
\\ and he'll hate you for a lifetime.             \\  [EMAIL PROTECTED]