On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Martin Wilke wrote:

The FreeBSD Xorg Team is pleased to announce Xorg 7.7 Release. We are
very happy to be able to Call for testing shortly after the Xorg team
annouced 7.7 release.

Thanks for your work on this!

This CFT is also open for discussion on how we should move forward with xorg release as we are facing some issues and we would like to ask for your opinion. Right now we have 2 existing xorg versions in our Ports Tree. The situation is quite bad due to our poor graphic card support. That means we do not have much choice but to take it as how it is now. But with regards to mesa support, we have to face some new challanges.

With the new mesa 8.0 release, accelerated support for a number of
older graphic cards was dropped. At the moment we are not sure how to
deal with that.We are thinking of just replacing mesa 7.11 with 8.0 or
making a new flag like WITH_MESA= 7.11.2 / 8.0 in combination with
WITH_NEW_XORG, and let the mesa 7.6.1 set as default together with the
old xorg version.

WITH_NEW_XORG is already vague, right now we have two that could be considered new. Would WITH_XORG=7.5 or WITH_XORG=7.7 work? That makes it easier to tell what is being requested; "new" is a relative term.