> For a long time I have noticed that when I build kdm from the kdebase
> port, it works.
> But if I used packages off either the CDs or ftp sites, it doesn't work.
> Specifically if I
> do a 'strings' on the binary and grep for /, some of the paths I see
> have XBINDIR
> rather than explicit references to /usr/X11R6/bin. I am not enough a
> ports guru to
> grok what is to be done, but before the freeze maybe someone could look
> into it?

It's because, there are no /usr/X11R6/bin/X in Asami-san's chroot
environment, I bet.
(I think Asami-san prepares a small XFree86 package with port building)

To solve this, we can simply prepare a patch against kdebase's configure,
but I think the best way is put X to chroot environment.

If I was wrong, sorry. :)

-- R. Imura
// my private mail address has changed.
// [EMAIL PROTECTED] ====> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /(-.-)y-~~