On Aug 2, 2012, at 12:23 AM, Kevin Oberman <kob6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Doug makes some good points.

No, he doesn't.  He and Arnould being argumentative and accusatory where none
of that is warranted.

I used to run the devsummits, and we did tele-conference lines for remote
people to participate.  After I stepped down, others took it up and did the
same thing.  Usually, the lines were unused.  I suspect that organizers simply
stopped thinking about them after a while because of poor interest.  There is
no conspiracy of exclusion here, just simple human apathy.

The invite system for the devsummit was, and still is, purely about providing
some order to the process.  It ensures that people attending are willing to
demonstrate a minimum amount of interest, more than just wondering by a room
one day and dropping in for free food and wifi.  If anyone feels that they are
being excluded, it's because they are too lazy to go beyond being argumentative
on a mailing list.

Scott