Hi all,

If I'm understanding things correctly, the "maxswzone" value -- set by the
kern.maxswzone loader tunable or to VM_SWZONE_SIZE_MAX by default -- should
be approximately 9 MiB per GiB of swap space.

The current default for VM_SWZONE_SIZE_MAX was set in August 2002 to 32 MiB;
meaning that anyone who wants to use more than ~ 3.5 GB of swap space ought
to set kern.maxswzone in /boot/loader.conf.

Is it time to increase this default on amd64?  (I understand that keeping the
value low on i386 is important due to KVA limitations, but amd64 has far more
address space available...)

--
Colin Percival