On Fri, 2012-08-17 at 09:58 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 17 August 2012 07:56, Ian Lepore <free...@damnhippie.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > That result actually matches my expectation... it fixed only a part of
> > your problem.  I suspected (without very good evidence) that you may
> > have two unrelated problems; hopefully now that we've eliminated one the
> > other will be easier to find.
> >
> > I've submitted a PR with that patch attached, since it has now been
> > shown to fix a problem on two different sets of (similar) hardware:
> >
> >   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=170705
>
> Hm, who's a good person to review this stuff? Maybe bde?

No!  Not bde!  He'll notice that I violated style(9) by accidentally
leaving an extra blank line between a comment block and the function
definition.  :)  (There are probably more violations than that -- I did
this when I was first trying to come to grips with the differences
between style(9) and the almost-style(9) standards we use at work.)

When I first proposed the changes, jhb remarked that they sounded good,
but as far as I know, nobody reviewed the actual diff when I posted it.
It looks like bde and phk were the primary maintainers back when this
code was being more actively worked on.

-- Ian