On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Alan Clegg wrote:

> I know this is not "current", but it was last week, so give me a break.
>
> On a dual PII system, access to /dev/smb0 (system management bus) by
> wmhm (/usr/ports/sysutils/wmhm) or gkrellm (/usr/ports/sysutils/gkrellm)
> causes an immediate system panic.
>
> I have the following in dmesg:
>
>    smbus0: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
>    smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
>
> and I have system dumps available to whoever wants.

I got similiar panics when I was working on my {wm}lmmon ports.  You need:

device          intpm

in your kernel config (or use the /dev/io method).

I reported this when I found it a few months ago, but no one seemed to
care.  The system shouldn't panic if the device isn't present in the
kernel, but...

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - [EMAIL PROTECTED]