Ok,

so thanks to Brian I can at least get a good value for my swap slice by
using show disk/ad0s1b.

It returns that the dev_t is 0xc0b65800

Ok, so I then proceed to look at dumpdev

A p dumpdev shows me that it is set to a weird value not matching my
dev_t above.

A p *dumpdev returns ffffffff

When I want to set dumpdev to the dev_t by using w ffffffff
dumpdev=c0b65800 or w dumpdev=c0b65800 or whatever combination will
either result in `nothing written' or `symbol not found'.

I am obviously doing something wrong.  Help appreciated.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best