On Thu, 8 Nov 2012, CeDeROM wrote:

I have tested additional options in xorg runtime :-)

With the patched xorg mouse driver 1.7.1 (or driver version >=1.7.2)
situation is following:

1. With hald and dbus no xorg.conf file is needed. However it might bo
option to pass some additional featutes parameters with xorg.conf.
2. With no hald and dbus mouse and keyboard does not work in xorg unless
Option "AllowEmptyInput" "False" is added to  Section "ServerLayout" by
hand in xorg.conf. Without this option input does not work even if
xorg.conf defines it! AllowEmptyInput=False forces to detect input deviced
by Xorg at startup.

No. AllowEmptyInput is wrong. It was causing so many problems that it has been removed from later xorg-server releases.

Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off" is the one that means "dont' use Hal to detect input devices".

Thank you for this hint! This could be added to the handbook :-)
AllowEmptyInput=False should be a default for Xorg IMO we can report it to
the Xorg project! :-)

Really, the simplest solution is to build xorg-server with the HAL option disabled. I agree that this should be the default.