On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 05:23:44PM +0900, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
> Then have no idea at this moment. Can you try other OS and check
> whether it can establish a gigabit link?

I did not have a chance to try other OS, because machine paniced during
tinderbuilding of a large port.  Unfortunately I don't have a backtrace, as
I needed to ask my friends to reboot it (I myself do not have direct access
to it right now).

However, after reboot ale0 come up at 1000baseT <full-duplex>, with patched
driver (longer delays in ale_phy_reset()).  I've reverted this change and
rebooted again, but it again come up as GigE.  I cannot power down the box
completely, since there is no one around who can bring it back right now
(press the power button).

That said, it looks quite weird to me at this point.  Previously it was
rebooted a few times, and link speed was always 100mbps.  Patching the
driver and re-kldloading it did not help, but after reboot, link speed is
1000ish even with unpatched driver.  :-/

./danfe