On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 01:50:16AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 02, 2000 at 01:15:39AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> >
> > Greg - I'm using vinums raid5 code since months now for FreeBSDs CVS-Tree on
> > 7x 200M disks - it does not hang for me since a long time.
> > The latest current I tested R5 well is from 19th March on alpha. That's shortly
> > before PHKs changes - I don't beleave that it introduced something new.
> > The only problem with R5 I know of is parity corruption because of a bug in
> > lockrange() for which I've already send you a fix. Even it is a general bug it
> > seems only to cause problems together with softupdates.
>
> Ops - I oversaw that this happened with a recent current.
> The best I can say is that it is likely that it happened after the 19th March.

I build a recent current and tested it with R5 and still don't see any hangs.
Unfortunately I don't have a toy i386 system ready and testet on alpha.
There may be some differences how data corruptions efects on this platform.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Usergroup                [EMAIL PROTECTED]