On 4/17/2013 4:14 AM, Willy Offermans wrote:
This is what I read in some of the articles or handbook as well. Can I
reorder this linked list? Can I control the order by creating the kernel
and reordering the inclusion of the device drivers?

I am aware that the request sounds silly, but I have a third party program
which checks its licence against the first inet device. Since I have added
a new inet controller, the sequence has changed. Of course I ask for a new
licence, but they want to charge me for that and I do not see any reason
for that.

Load old inet devices like normal, in loader.conf. Then load the new device driver before networking, after rc's started. If it'd because of probe order, then you might just have to control the probe order the hard way. If the program's calling ifconfig itself, you could write a wrapper to resort the output. And call a lawyer, getting a new ethernet card shouldn't void a license.