I have no real reason for including its functionality - I am as of yet -
pretty much a perl novice.  However, judging by the past, the C compiler
upgrade is done in current - and I would think the perl upgrade would also
be done in current.  I would think you would want to track this sort of
thing as closely as possible - unless there is an pending release - which
there isn't.  Users will follow current to get the latest and greatest -
bleeding edge technology.  Help test it.  Seem to me the sooner it is
done, the more thoroughly tested it will be.  One year ought to be long
enough :)

Tom Veldhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]