> <<On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 23:10:59 -0500 (CDT), Kevin Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > It's probably more accurate, but from a PR standpoint it makes it "look"
> > like FreeBSD is choking under the load, when it really isn't.
>
> Actually, you have it backwards -- it makes it look as if FreeBSD is
> *not* choking under what appears to be a very heavy load....
>
> -GAWollman

Well, my first impression was "Well, before doing this task the load average
was only 0.20, now it's 4.0, obviously it can't keep up now." Which could
probably be extended to "Under Linux the load average for running my
database is only 0.20, FreeBSD's is 4.0, Linux must be faster."

Granted it's flawed logic, but it's all a matter of perception at times.

Kevin