On 7/17/13 11:26 AM, Freddie Cash wrote:
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Bob Bishop <r...@gid.co.uk
<mailto:r...@gid.co.uk>> wrote:

    Hi,

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/matrix/?cpuclass=all&sorton=memory

     > -Kurt

    http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon7000

    Looks like their matrix is not up-to-date.

There's also several AMD motherboards that support 1 TB of RAM:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/AMD_G34.cfm?pg=MOBO

You know, the CPUs that started the 64-bit x86 support ... :)

Searching a bit harder, it looks like Intel is shipping a quad-socket
board that supports "1500GB" of memory.

http://ark.intel.com/products/61033

So, 1500GB is now, and the next doubling will probably be "soon",
assuming Intel revs their quad processor boards for Haswell, and that
support for 64GB DIMMs is there.

I'm not trying to find the biggest motherboard out there, I'm just
trying to say that Chris' patch for support up to 16TB isn't too
farfetched.  And within the next "5 year" window, it's entirely likely
that > 4TB systems will be available.

-Kurt