On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 06:20:47PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 03:17:02PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
>
> > > BTW, you should upgrade devel/subversion anyway, since there are
> > > security vulnerabilities.
> >
> > 1.7.9 works/worked fine for updating my /usr/src and my personal
> > svn repository.  The change to use svnlite in newvers.sh should
> > have an entry in UPDATING to alert users that have a too old
> > svn port that they need to upgrade.  I go as far to suggest that
> > that the script should look for svn in the path before it looks
> > for svnlite.
>
> I cannot differentiate what version of svn is used to check out the
> tree.  When in doubt, software in base wins, IMHO.

You don't need to differentiate anything.  devel/subversion
installs svnversion.  svnversion simply needs to be in $PATH.
If newvers.sh can't find svnversion in $PATH, then it can fall
back to /usr/bin/svnliteversion.  The install svnversion from
devel/subversion will in all likelihood be consistent with the
svn used to checkout/update /usr/src.

--
Steve