On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 09:56:48PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> All,
>
> Subversion rev 250418 affected approximately 63 drivers by making them
> vulnerable to resource allocation failures on motherboards with buggy BIOSes.
>  The revision itself is good, but it needs to address these drivers and bring
> them up to what is, in effect, a modified way for drivers to manage their PCI
> resources.  If you've been seeing something like the following message since
> June 24/27, then you need this patch:
>
> mps0: <LSI SAS2116> port 0xd000-0xd0ff mem 0xfb79c000-0xfb79ffff irq 19 at
> device 0.0 on pci4
> mps0: PCI memory window not available
> device_attach: mps0 attach returned 6
>
> The patch originated from John Baldwin, I merely fixed up a few nits and am
> passing it around for review and testing.  Please find it here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~scottl/pci_command_fixes.patch

In mpt_pci.c, there's a style nit/inconsistency regarding the other
drivers touched by the above patch; if after these fixes, a driver
still fiddles with PCIR_COMMAND, it should be just fine to also OR
in PCIM_CMD_BUSMASTEREN as part of that and to not additionally call
pci_enable_busmaster().
Apart from that, the patch looks good to me.

Marius