On 8/24/13 3:23 AM, Mark Felder wrote:
On Fri, Aug 23, 2013, at 13:20, Julian Elischer wrote:
On 8/23/13 7:55 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message <52174d51.2050...@digsys.bg>, Daniel Kalchev writes:

- 9.x gcc default and clang in base;
- 10.x clang default and gcc in ports;
I believe this is the best idea so far. As long as these ports work with
gcc in ports, that is.
+1

well as I was forced to go back to gcc to get a compiling & running
kernel on my VPS (xen)
I'm not convinced that clang is there yet. I'd be really grumpy if I
had to go through al the ports hoopla to recompile my kernel.

Curious which Xen version. I'd like to try to replicate this issue. I've
seen FreeBSD 10 run just fine on XenServer 6.0 and 6.2.
I don't know.. whatever RootBSD run, but the fact that I needed gcc for anything suggests that we should keep it around for a while.