On 04.09.2013 00:48, Olivier Cochard-Labbé wrote:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone confirm how well tested/stable this patch set might be?? if
theres positive input i have a zoo of dev machines i could load it on, to
help further it.
Just checking to see how widely its been tested,

I've installed this patch on 3 differents machines there status after
about 12hours:
- SUN FIRE X4170 M2 (amd64: r255178) with 6 SAS harddrives in one big
zraid (LSI MegaSAS Gen2 controller): Used for generating package with
poudriere… no probleme since;
- HAL/Fujitsu SPARC64-V (sparc64: r255178) with two SCSI-3 disks in
gmirror: Used for generating package with poudriere too… no probleme
since;

I've forgot to mention, but GEOM direct dispatch is now active only on x86 because GET_STACK_USAGE macro now defined only there and I wanted to stay on a safe side. On other archs GEOM works in old queued way. Somebody should port that small macro to other archs. But that is still interesting data point. Thanks.

- HP EliteBook 8460p (amd64: r255188) with DVD replaced by a second
hardrive (where fbsd is installed): It crash just after the message
"GEOM: new disk ada1" during boot

screenshot of the crash screen:
http://goo.gl/tW1VIx

A little more information:
addr2line -e /boot/kernel/kernel.symbols 0xffffffff8083abd3
/usr/src/sys/geom/geom_io.c:129

Unfortunately I can't reproduce that and have not enough clues. It may be specific to some GEOM class. Could you describe/show all GEOM topology, file systems, etc. you have there?
gpart show
sysctl kern.geom.confxml

Thank you!

--