On 09/07/13 14:10, olli hauer wrote:
There are 13 ports using --with-iconv=${LOCALBASE}
  devel/apr1
  devel/apr2
  devel/git
  irc/epic5
  lang/gauche
  net-mgmt/ettercap
  net/ssltunnel-client
  net/yaz
  net/zebra-server
  textproc/libxml2
  textproc/py-libxml2
  www/apache22
  www/apache24

Most of these do work anyway. I'm sure about various of these. I have them working on my PCs. This does not mean they don't need to be tweaked anyway, but they have lower priority.

net-mgmt/ettercap is known broken and I have it in my pipe. I'm giving this all the time I can, but I can''t spend too much time on this right now. I'm going to check these and fix the broken ones asap.

and devel/glib20, print/ghostscript8, print/ghostscript9 using
  --with-libiconv=gnu
  --with-libiconv=native
  --with-libiconv=no
  --with-libiconv=no

glib20 I already fixed in the big commit. uses native or gnu where appropriate. I'll also have a look at the ghostscript ports asap, but at least ghostscript9 I have seen it working on my PCs.

Unfortunately Uses/iconv.mk defines only --with-libiconv(-prefix).

If Uses/iconv.mk can be extended with something like ICON_PATH, then
the 13 ports can be changed quickly to use the right iconv.

Most of those will use the right iconv anyway if only one is found. Extending iconv.mk should be discussed with portmgr, adding a variable shouldn't be a problem though.

--
Guido Falsi <madpi...@freebsd.org>