On 2013-10-07, at 4:49 PM, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I've asked on IRC to figure out when this was first proposed.

Adrian, something to keep in mind is that the majority of your code's users
will never use your preferred communication media.  So when you propose to
remove a feature, absence of push-back means nothing, other than the lack of a
communications channel with your 'customers'.

We get this a lot with feature manipulation in nmh, and have learned to tread
carefully as a result.

This is also why the IETF defines work as being that which takes place on the
mailing lists.  Slow and dumb (in the media-rich sense), but everyone knows
what's going on.

In that light, if there is a rational argument for pulling RCS out of the base,
propose it here on the -current list and let's all discuss it.

--lyndon