On Fri, 07 Apr 2000, Donn Miller wrote:

> Since I started using a cable modem and dhclient, my system has been
> literally overwhelmed with messages like:
>
> /kernel: arp: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is using my IP address 0.0.0.0!

I have these same warnings all over my syslog in minute-wise intervals
when my ADSL modem de-syncs with its headend. I can force these messages
by powercycling my ADSL modem, or by removing and re-inserting my dataplug
into the modem.

I have found this kinda annoying, but not that irritating. It has helped
me to discover the arp adress of my ADSL modem :)
 (Now what else can I do with that thing .. *ponders*).

Is this worth mentioning to my ADSL provider? .. is it really a misconfiguration
of some sort?

--
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  PGP fingerprint:  4557 9761 B212 FB4C  778D 3529 C42A 2D27