On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, John Polstra wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Matthew Sean Thyer  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I stopped the messages by adding the following line below the rshd
> > line in /etc/pam.conf
> >
> > rshd    auth    required        pam_permit.so
>
> The way PAM works, that will let _anybody_ login via rsh without a
> password.  I don't think it's what you want.
>
> John

Wont this only happen when rshd becomes PAMerised ?  or has that happened
already ?

If its already been done, why the console messages ?

If it hasn't been done yet I suppose I wont notice when it gets done and
then I'll be open.

So whats the situation and what should people have in their pam.conf to
eliminate these messages ?