On 10/27/13 14:52, Erik Cederstrand wrote:
> Den 27/10/2013 kl. 22.03 skrev Colin Percival <cperc...@freebsd.org>:
>> Doing freebsd-update builds, I've now had two instances where
>> /usr/bin/svnlite
>> has built inexplicably differently -- changes scattered all over the binary.
>
> Which kind of changes? Are you aware of the -D flag to ar(1) (wipes
> timestamps in archives)? Are you always using the same SRCDIR/DESTDIR (this
> affects the __FILE__ macro)? Same DEBUG_FLAGS?

Changes in lots of non-7-bit-ASCII bits all over the file.  I'm guessing
it's executable code.

Yes, aware of -D flag.  That's a red herring since this isn't an archive;
and all the other binaries are fine.

Yes, all the build context is the same -- this is happening inside a
chroot with the same build script running every time.

--
Colin Percival