Am 11.11.2013 09:18, schrieb Stefan Farfeleder:
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 02:01:12PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
Yes. So one of the.. unfortunately broken things in iwn is the ampdu tx code doesn't do retransmits. So if amrr picks a rate that fails to transmit
everything, the driver doesn't retransmit them. It frees them.

Now when amrr is enabled the hardware will retry at lower rates until
something succeeds. But it still doesn't retransmit things. I believe it
should be.

So yes its more broken with Mrr disabled. But enabling mrr doesn't fix it. It just makes it less broken. Someone needs to implement ampdu retransmit.

The latest iwn code in head at least tells the rate selection code that a total ampdu tx failure occured. This BTW is one of the hangs I fixed - if you hit a point where you never successfully transmitted an ampdu at a rate
the rate would never be decreased.

Now to be clear. I won't be in implementing ampdu retransmit. I'll maybe
fix last multi rate retry once the new hardware support is in. I would
really appreciate help here with these. Everyone with iwn hardware will
appreciate it :)

In the mean time, wouldn't it make sense to disable ampdu tx in iwn
then? Or to disallow the combination Mrr + ampdu?

Yes, please. I'm also encountering this.