2013/12/14 Markiyan Kushnir <markiyan.kush...@gmail.com>:
>> 2013/12/14 Neel Natu <neeln...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Markiyan,

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> It looks like something funky going on with the vcpu state. Do you
>>> know if there was any access to the VM via 'bhyvectl' close to the
>>> time of the panic?
>>>

>> Well, I don't know if there was. I would set up the same scenario
>> again + a script running on the host querying bhyvectl. May be I would
>> catch it again. Please let me know if all it makes sense, and if so,
>> how it can be made better.
>>

> To make it clear -- I didn't run bhyvectl when the VM was running, so
> I can tell for sure that nobody was trying to interact with the VM
> during its run. My first thought was that it would make sense to
> (periodically) query state of the VM using bhyvectl to get info about
> what was going on when it comes close to the crash...
>
> --
> Markiyan.

Ok, I was able to hit a similarly looking panic exactly when trying to
run "bhyvectl --vm=altroot-bhyve --get-all" while the VM was busy with
its own "pkg delete -af". When the VM is mostly idle, bhyvectl
--get-all goes smoothly.

Now I'm thinking I might inadvertently run bhyvectl over my heavily
running VM once when I was not at the desktop and wanted to see how
things were going remotely from my office...

Here are core.txt of the two panics in a row:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Q-zpUXxqCnMUxVdGwxSEs1dE0/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Q-zpUXxqCnREtuTXpabnQ5QXM/edit?usp=sharing

--
Markiyan.